mom , mama or mother

mom comes from the word mama or mother :
a woman exercising control, influence, or authority like that of a mother: to be a mother to someone.
the qualities characteristic of a mother, as maternal affection:
someone that gives rise to or exercises protecting care over something else;

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary !

Well 17 years ago walked down a little church wedding with around 100 guess on a very hot day .. four brides maids and groom men . my Dad walked me down the isle and my parents gave me away .. Really what that mean . lol nice big party after . this story started 5 years to that day before as i knew my husband 5 yr to day before marriage .
So let be honest not sure how we made it this far and if we make it to the end . marriage is not easy every day .. well daily lively easy but long term seems harder . i do love my life and what we have together and share together but i wonder sometimes is it enough and what will happen in 10 or 20 years from now .. i know my husband would say dont worry about tomorrow and maybe i shouldn't . i know tho for us we get tied up in daily living and forget to be grateful for what right in front of us .. last year we tried to change a few small things but didnot really change anything and got back to living daily crazy life of raising four children .
i would not change a day up today as i am so grateful for our children and the life we have for them . (ok ok so what we do on 17th wedding Anniversary. ) i spent in Mankato with the girls playing ball and husband spent in mound with oldest daughter playing ball . thats what we done last five years at a ball field . we did go to dinner tonight with a gift card my mom gaves us .
so darling husband went out Saturday morning before we all had to leave and got me coffee , card and flowers . it was very sweet .
his card says "for our anniversary i got you this card that 'll remind you of me ........... (turn over doesnot open)it doesn't do what it is supposed to do either ....................

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! Congrats on 17 years! Marriage is a committment--I never really understood that until I experienced the trials and temptations to get out. Life is not always easy and combining 2 lives is even more difficult.

    We drove by the fields in Mankato last night and I thought of you--- and you were really there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete